If you’re looking to change the aesthetic of your New York City home or office, consider adding tempered glass panels or replacing solid walls with walls of glass. Sky Windows & Aluminum Products designs, produces and installs glass walls and glass panels to bring a streamlined elegance to your interior design. Glass walls in NYC and beyond enliven residential renovations and new construction.
Walls made of glass have become more popular among interior designers and architects. Custom glass walls in Manhattan transform drab, dark offices into brighter, sunnier spaces. It’s clear that New York and New Jersey commercial spaces are converting to glass walls. Discover the difference curtain walls or office partition walls can make, too.
Business Benefits of Switching to Glass
Several of the many advantages you’ll experience by adding glass walls to your home or office range from the emotional to the practical. Benefits include:
- Fostering collaboration. When your employees are hidden behind solid walls, their creativity and collaboration become stifled. Walls made of glass improve teamwork in your office by encouraging your staff to work more closely together.
- Creating openness. Tempered glass panels and glass walls in NYC create a sense of openness and transparency in your workplace. If you wish to improve the level of trust in the office, have glass walls installed. Openness also increases productivity.
- Improving communication. There’s nothing more intimidating to employees than a closed office door. Boost your inner-office communication with walls of glass. Your employees will feel more comfortable in approaching you and one another when they can see the other person in advance.
- Modern design. Improving the look and feel of your office through the sleek design of glass walls and tempered glass panels shows your employees that you care about their working environment. Modern design also implies that your company has an eye toward the future. Custom glass walls show your style.
- Economical durability. Glass is not only extremely durable; it’s also economical and stands the test of time in terms of interior design and architecture trends. Glass never goes out of style. You won’t have to worry about the look of your office being outdated after a few years. Glass also won’t fade or tarnish like other materials.
Tempered Glass Panels
Tempered glass — or safety glass, as it’s often called — is manufactured in a unique way. If it ever breaks, the glass shatters into small, blunt glass fragments that are relatively harmless. This kind of breakage is called dicing, and it eliminates the potential for injury from dangerous jagged edges or sharp shards.
If you’re building a new home or office in the New York area, tempered glass panels may be required by some building codes. Typically, you may need safety glass in the following areas:
- Bathtub and shower
- Hot tub
- Steam room
- Indoor pool areas
An extra procedure is added to tempered glass’s manufacturing process that makes it four to five times stronger than normal glass. This process not only makes the glass much stronger, it also makes the glass safer in the event of an accident. Plan for your own New York City custom glass wall.