Commercial & Industrial Curtain Walls
A curtain wall is the glass outer layer or façade on a commercial or industrial building. It protects the exterior of a building from the elements. A grid in the façade, also known as the mullion, determines how the glass fits into the wall. Glass curtain walls help natural light enter buildings, which makes them more energy efficient.
Glaze curtain walls use specially glazed glass, providing an esthetically pleasing exterior or interior for your office building. Curtain walls have been used in commercial buildings for a long time, especially in New York City.
Exterior and Interior Glass Curtain Walls
Placing a curtain wall on the exterior of New York or New Jersey commercial or industrial building is now common practice. Recently, though, curtain walls also have been used in some residential construction. Being highly adaptable, curtain walls can be custom-made to fit almost any type of building. They match most modern home and commercial building designs.
In addition to exterior applications, a curtain wall installation can also be placed inside an office setting. This type of system has outside glass walls that are opaque. The interior is lined with glazed curtain walls. Glazed curtain walls are easily adaptable and require low maintenance.
Advantages of Curtain Walls
The features of your NYC exterior or interior curtain walls include:
- Excellent thermal performance
- Glazed, captured system for exterior walls
- Combines easily with other window systems
- Tested and long-lasting construction that blocks condensation
- Aluminum supports for glass, allowing more glass with fewer supporting beams
- High performance for noise blocking and environmental control
- An array of decorative components and mullion sizes to allow design flexibility
- Superior moisture management system
- Available in more than 200 colors, 2 wood-grain patterns and 22 anodized finishes
Curtain walls can provide great energy efficiency and performance for your home or business. Because these walls are so adaptable, they’ve become more popular in recent years, especially with modern residential construction and renovation. For modern home design, as well as a greener home construction, curtain walls may suit your needs.
Curtain Walls for Residential or Commercial
For exterior curtain walls or interior glaze curtain wall installations, you choose your style and configuration. Your choice dictates how your wall is constructed.
Both types of walls can be made to suit your requirements in Manhattan and throughout New York City. Whether you need glass walls to divide your office space or to enhance the view of your new home, this highly adaptable system can work for you. Additional features of curtain walls include:
- Anchoring sleeves and brackets constructed of lightweight aluminum
- Heavyweight mullions
- Flashing that’s easily installed
- Bull nose caps or deep beauty caps
- Applications that can be curved and sloped
- Rapid on-site construction
- The most up-to-date installation techniques
- High quality systems made to your builder’s exact requirements
- Experienced workforce who meets quality standards
- Reinforced aluminum
Curtain Walls Fabrication
Our commercial Curtain Walls are quality engineered for durability and ease of use. We can provide easy and efficient Curtain Walls fabrication and installation.
We offer furnished to order products as well as a full range of components. Please contact Sky Windows and Aluminum Products for a quote for finished product as well as assembly components.
Curtain Wall Installation
Curtain Wall Glass Facade Systems
- A recognized competitive edge in order to suit our client’s needs
- High quality facade installations designed to meet builder’s construction specifications
- The latest installation techniques and machinery that meets or exceeds industry standards
- A highly experienced workforce with a focus on quality and safety
Curtain Walls Features
- High thermal performance, glazed, captured curtain wall system
- Sight slim design, less than 2″
- Thermal performance depends on glazing choices from 3/16″ to 2″
- Superior thermal performance based on thermal brake design
- Easy integration with high performance window systems
- Available corners & splays
- Wide range of mullion sizes and decorative components to suit design requirements
- Tested to latest high performance air, water, structural, thermal and noise transmission standards
- Aluminum supports for insulating glass units enable larger expanses of glass
- Over 200 colors available including 22 anodized finishes + 2 wood grain patterns
- Moisture management system
- Proven tubular construction with shear blocks, other system components, condensation
Curtain Walls Optional Features
- Aluminum reinforcing
- Easy to install flashing
- Sloped and curved product applications
- Deep beauty caps and bull nose caps
- Deep and heavy-weight mullions
- Aluminum brackets and anchoring sleeves
See more articles related to Curtain wall:
Adopting in NYC Curtain Wall Construction in Residential Area
Master the Art of Architectural Curtain Walls
Curtain Wall Construction Brooklyn – Innovative Design
Curtain Wall Systems: A Guide to Curtain Wall Technology
Feel free to give us a call and we will work with you in order to decide the best solution for your business needs. Whether you wish to install transparent, stone or metal infill, we can accommodate the specifications that you desire. The exceptional quality of our work can be seen in the many referrals our clients in the metropolitan NYC and tri-state area have provided for us.